Carl T. Schmidtlein
PE, LEED AP, CPESC, CDP
Carl is the liaison and principal in charge for several national retail client development programs. His areas of emphasis are site development and the site planning approval process. Carl brings to the team significant project management experience for large, multinational corporations and retail-anchored big-box shopping centers.
Licenses and Professional Organizations
- Commercial, retail, office, industrial, and mixed-use developments.
- Project development coordination, including master planning,
entitlements, civil engineering, and project management in 12 states.
- Site development and the site planning approval process.
- Project feasibility, site selection, site planning, entitlement assistance, client representation at public meetings and hearings, site design, grading and drainage studies, stormwater management, utility design and studies, permit coordination, and regulatory analysis.
- Leading entitlement and design teams, generating preliminary plans and cost estimates, assisting real estate professionals and attorneys during the closing process, and executing final plans and documents to meet municipal procedural and regulatory requirements.
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- LEED Accredited Professional – Green Building Certification Institute
- Member, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Member, University of Colorado Real Estate Council
- Member, U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), Colorado Chapter
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC) Since 2011
- Certified Development, Design and Construction Professional (CDP) - ICSC
Master of Business Administration, University of Colorado, Denver
Bachelor of Science, Engineering – Civil Specialty, Minor in Environmental Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, Golden
Graduate, LEEDS School of Business, 50 for Colorado Program, University of Colorado, Boulder